Today’s blog is from wedding professional Shaunna Cates from cHAIRish the Day salon.
We love searching for interesting content to share with our Wedding Guide audience. And sometimes, we need go no further than some of our advertisers Facebook pages to see what they are up to. Shaunna, from cHAIRish the Day salon, has a great practice of once a week generating an easy tip to share with her future and existing clients. We have compiled a week’s worth to share with you of her amazing knowledge in her area of expertise.
1. When making your timeline for hair and makeup for the wedding day, always check with your photographer and coordinator and find out what time they would like you finished by. This ensures that we all stay on schedule.
2. When going in for a trial consultation for your hair and makeup, wear a blouse that resembles the color and neckline of your wedding dress. This will help you get a better idea of what the whole package will look like on your special day.
3. I love putting fresh flowers in the hair, but be careful when choosing flowers that smell sweet. Bees! Orchids are beautiful and hold up fairly well, and they don’t have a strong smell.
4. If you like the results of blow drying using a round brush, but don’t like the tired arms trying to achieve it, get the hair about 80% dry before even picking up the round brush. Then start to section the hair and begin blow drying until each section is completely dry.
5. Whether it’s back to school time or preparation for a fresh look on your wedding day, that probably means new makeup for some of you. Here are some tips for looking fresh, but not overdone.
- Prep: Get yourself a nice gentle face wash and take care of the skin, and never wear makeup to bed.
- Skin: If you have great skin, you don’t need foundation. Start with a tinted moisturizer and use concealer for occasional blemishes.
- Eyes: Eyelash curlers are a must!
- Cheeks: a soft rosy cheek will add a subtle pop of color for a more refreshed look.
- Lips: stick with a gloss or a shade close to your own lip color that you can use everyday…keep those lips hydrated too.
Thanks Shaunna for all the wonderful tips. Make sure to follow her weekly tips on her Facebook page.